Foams & Padding
Foams and padding are an integral part of compression bandaging and play a key role in complete decongestive therapy, or "CDT", which is performed to reduce limb volume. Compression bandaging includes a second layer of padding which is placed over the initial layer of stockinette. This seconday "padding" layer will likely consist of a simple soft padding made of polyester, cotton, or light weight foam.
In cases of excess swelling or fibrosis, which is a hardened area under the skin, treatment may require the use of higher density or specialty foam to help break up the fibrotic tissue and return the skin to its normal softness.
- Thicker and higher density or specialty channeling foams are useful in helping to treat fibrotic areas and provide additional padding .
- In cases of heavy fibrosis and thick skin, a denser closed-cell or rubber foam may be required.
- Several different swell spots and pads have been developed to help treat and manage areas of swelling which are particularly problematic or require unique localized pressure.
Which ever type of foam or padding is used, the goal is to create pressure and break up the areas of concentrated and stagnant protein-heavy lymph fluid to help create a softer skin area.
- The Bellisse® pad is a comfortable, foam-filled pad that conveniently fits in the inner pocket of the Bellisse® Compressure Comfort® bra and covers the affected breast completely, protecting sensitive tissue. It directs lymph flow around the torso and across the spine, toward the unaffected axilla. Learn More$110.00
- The loose fill crescent shaped pads support lobules and separate skin-on-skin contact that commonly causes microbial infections. Positioning excess tissue into its normal anatomical position while under external compression, this pad is recommended for use during the reduction phases of Lymphedema treatment. Learn More
Starting at: $56.00
- Recommended for labial swelling or fibrosis. The anterior width is designed to cover a bikini-cut hysterectomy scar. The pad features a vertical continuous flow stitching pattern to direct lymph flow away from the pubis toward the axillar collection areas. Learn MoreFrom: $126.00
- The kidney-shaped pads have multiple placement applications for encouraging lymph drainage and softening fibrosis when used under short stretch bandages or compression garments. Particularly useful on the lateral chest wall at the axilla, the distal anterior knee or the inner thigh at the groin. Learn More
Starting at: $27.00