This manual lymph drainage guide covers the anatomy physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system providing key background information necessary for effective treatment. Chapters are structured according to anatomic regions focusing on the lymphatic nodes and their tributary regions in the throat armpit trunk and groin.
Photographs illustrate the lymphatic nodes and lymphatic pathways which are drawn on the human body and provide a clear picture of the structures to be treated. Designated points are numbered to illustrate the progression of treatment in each region. Also includes coverage of complete decongestive therapy (CDT).
* Explains procedures in a detailed step-by-step format.
* Features a helpful chart of lymph node groups and their tributary regions that outlines each lymph node as it pertains to a specific anatomical region.
* Key information is summarized in the margins making it easier for readers to review what they've read and focus on important topics.
* Self-test questions provide an excellent means for readers to assess their comprehension and review key material in the book. These questions are also helpful in preparing for exams.
* Two-color illustrations help the reader visualize and learn theoretical aspects of this therapy.